The next loom prototype

A little more boring, a lot more structurally sound

A little more boring, a lot more structurally sound

Today I finished the frame of the loom as it will be built for the CCC. For this one I used a drill, saw, and screwdriver, all borrowed. (Thank you, Thomas, Bryson, and Karen!) Oh and a hammer, I don’t know who that belongs to, it was here when I moved in. I also used Morten and Louise’s ping-pong set, for a minute, on a break.
And the wood is all framing fir, bought for under 60€at the bauhaus and then sanded for days. The whole thing goes together with wingnuts (and four screws) so that I can take it apart and move it into the workshop next week. I will also paint it then. Color suggestions? I also thought to have different parts be different colors to make it easier to explain and remember. But then I have to buy more paint.
Building these looms has really been informative, I’ll tell you all more about it later. Here’s the PR photo-collage I made for the first loom:

woodloom

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: